Carol is a partner at Scanlan Carroll where her work focuses on the employment law and family law areas.
Carol brings extensive experience to the area of workplace relations, having worked in HR roles at a number of major corporations. Using her expertise when dealing with employers and employees in preparing contracts, unfair dismissal claims and other employment issues, Carol’s experience enables her to easily relate to clients, while identifying and understanding their varied interests.
In the area of family law, Carol works closely with her clients to negotiate practical outcomes to resolve their property or parenting matters. Her extensive experience in the Federal Circuit Court and Family Court also provides clients with peace of mind and guidance.
- Claims made by employees including unfair dismissals and general protections applications.
- Representing clients in employment matters in the Fair Work Commission, VCAT, Federal Circuit Court and Federal Court.
- Family Law property matters including division of settlement.
- Child custody matters.
- Spousal Maintenance matters.
- Intervention Orders.
- Drafting financial agreements, before, during and after marriage or a de facto relationship.
- Litigation and Court proceedings in the Federal Circuit Court and Family Court of Australia.
- Employment contract advice.
- Restructure and redundancy advice.
- Executive employment.
- Review and drafting of workplace policies.
- Advice regarding Modern Awards and Enterprise Agreements.
- Performance management.
- Workplace bullying.
- Advice regarding post-employment restraints.
- Commercial contract review and advice.
- Terms and conditions of trade.
- Partnership and shareholders agreements.
- Business transactional matters.
- Estate planning.