Sharelle is a partner at Scanlan Carroll where her work focuses strongly on the commercial law and family law sectors.
Sharelle is a partner at Scanlan Carroll where her work focuses strongly on the commercial sector. Her expertise includes commercial advice and strategy. She assists clients with all aspects of transactional matters, including providing advice to company directors and shareholders of their rights and obligations, as well as general advice on business structures.
Sharelle’s expertise in the commercial sector assists family law clients who require business interests to be valued and divided amongst the parties. Sharelle understands that many client’s are overwhelmed by complex property issues during a family law matrimonial and uses her extensive commercial law knowledge to assist clients in navigating the stressful process.
In the area of employment law Sharelle guides employers and employees in relation to their obligations, performance concerns and disciplinary actions, and helps parties bring an end to the employment relationship where necessary. Sharelle works closely with family owned businesses, high net worth individuals and small to medium enterprises.
- Advising in relation to commercial agreements and other documentation.
- Advising on business transactional matters.
- Providing strategic advice in relation to business structures and legal obligations.
- Family law property negotiations and mediation.
- Litigation and court proceedings in the Federal Circuit Court and Family Court of Australia.
- Supporting employers and employees in relation to performance management, termination, unfair dismissal, discrimination, bullying and harassment claims.
- Negotiating, preparing and implementing employment contracts and policies.
- Advising in relation to redundancy, or restructuring of an organisation.
- Preparing deeds of amendment and advising generally about trusts.
- Estate planning, including wills, testamentary trusts, and powers of attorney.
- Providing strategic advice to directors and shareholders.
- Representing clients in family law property matters in the Family Court or Federal Circuit Court, including negotiations prior to issuing court proceedings.
- Representing clients at the Fair Work Commission.
- Filing applications in VCAT where a client requires a guardianship or administration order.
- Reviewing and advising on tenders and supply contracts.